Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yum Yum

In honor of my mummy on Mums Day, I tried to recreate one of her classic dishes for my dinner. I decided to have toasted peanut butter and marshmallows on saltines. However, I had no saltines. So, I took one of those flat wheat buns, put a thin-ish layer of peanut butter on there, and 4 marshmallow pieces a slice (2 marshmallows broken in half per slice). I toasted them in the oven then smooshed the marshmallows just enough to distribute the gooey goodness. It was delish. Next time, I may add a touch of salt or some chocolate chips. These are also heavenly on graham crackers.

Before the oven:

After the oven and smushing:


The marshmallow gooeyness of these is just perfect.  But - that also means you should not try to eat this in front of anyone you're trying to impress because you will not look smooth.

I remember eating this at least once a week growing up. I thought that's what smores really were until we moved to Virginia and then somewhere along the way we made "real" smores at a youth event (but it might have been college even). I thought of them last week when I was talking to my sister, and had been craving them ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment