Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Breakfast in the Car, or My Almost Death Due to Generic Frosted Mini-Wheat


If you know me well, you know that food goes up my nose.  If you know me very well, you know that I have to sneeze in order to stop choking.  Sometimes more than once.  It seems that God had a bit of fun with my nasopharyngeal wiring. 

So, I had to go to Birmingham on Monday and had not eaten breakfast yet when I left.  I just grabbed my box of Target brand frosted mini-wheats and took off.  I like eating them as a snack, although they can be a tad dry.  Not far into my trip, the choking somehow began.  This would all be fine, except I'm driving my car.  And I'm in the process of passing an 18-wheeler that wants to speed up.  And there's another 18-wheeler behind me that also wants to pass the truck to my right.  And oh look, there's a skinny bridge up ahead. 

The fit of choking and sneezing begins.  Surely it'll stop before the bridge.  Oh please, God, get this cereal out of my nose before I get to the bridge.  Please, it can't all end like this.  I can't leave this world due to a generic cereal/nose mishap.

Thankfully, I got the required last sneeze out and was able to open my eyes right before the bridge and pass the truck without incident.   That said, I did later find a bit of mini-wheat in my bangs.  After I'd already been in public and talked to people.  Yes, that is gross, but it's the truth.

Picture from the Kellog's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment