Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What do you get for this mother?

Mother's Day is this Sunday.  The web is full of Mother's Day gift suggestions for all kinds of moms.  But, what do you get for the mobility challenged Southern eccentric mom that lives on a farm and rescues animals?  I mean, a couple of years ago she asked for a tractor.  Most recently, she got her own off-road golf cart.  When I asked her what she wanted, she said my portrait taken by Chuck Collins.  (I told her that was not an option - because 1.) I'm not loaded, 2.) he only takes children's photos now, and 3.) that would be so uncomfortable.)
Normally, I'd get her the fruit tree or antique flower of her choice - but she has so many things blooming at the moment that you can't find their house.  Literally.  The rose arbor in the front is ginormous and the rose bushes on the ditch bank go for at least 15 yards.
I went with the good smelling toiletries option for Easter, so that's out.
At this point, I'm thinking that a pack of Frontline Flea and Tick repellent for 50lb dogs is really my best option.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment