A few weeks ago, my friend Liz emailed me a clip of a song called Yahweh. I really liked it. It stood out from all the other Yahweh songs that are out and about these days. But, that was a busy day and I didn't do further research. Then, I heard just a snippet of it on the radio yesterday.
Turns out, it's by 2 sisters named Tal & Acacia.

The sound is what I imagine if Ingrid Michaelson and Regina Spektor got together to make a Christian record. Their lyrics are pretty stought, even if hidden in these fun melodies. According to their bio, they went to an inner-city school ran by their parents for underpriveleged kids and they spent a year working in a Russian orphanage. So, I'm guessing they get the whole faith thing pretty well.
I'm not sure why I didn't download their whole album (because it was only$5.99), but I did download and rather enjoy the following ditties: Yahweh, Swing Song, Love's Gonna Getcha, and Warrior Child.
One more song I have to recommend: Not Guilty Anymore by Aaron Keyes. Can you say anointed truth? They played it after the teaching and prayer on shame at last week's Life Retreat. If you struggle with shame, rejection, or the overall human condition - then this song will rock your socks :-).
Photo and bio from: Tal & Acacia time
No comments:
Post a Comment