Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm sorry, non-dairy creamer


Yet another confession.  I have always been cruel to non-dairy creamer.  The name alone has always scared me.  How can anything be non-dairy and creamer?  Then there's the fact that it's really just oil and sugar.  The only reprieve I've ever given it is that it does come in all those fun flavors.  Otherwise, I've thought its only purpose was to sit around office coffee pots.  I admit to feeling the same way about non-dairy whipped topping.  I mean, I can't be snobby enough to say I don't appreciate Cool Whip, but that doesn't mean it's my preference.  Natural foods should always come before fake ones, especially ones made to survive in bunkers in the event of an atomic bomb.

Turns out, I have to apologize to good 'ol Coffee Mate and Cool Whip, because they are now my best friends.  They are the reason I can still have my morning coffee (8 oz a day!) and imagine that I'm eating ice cream or something like it.  Looks like I have to give cow's milk the old heave-ho and embrace fake food.  Whether I can be equally forgiving to gross rice milk is a whole other story...

Picture from here:

No comments:

Post a Comment