I am on a different kind of diet at the moment. (Trust me - nothing trendy or fad and for all the right reasons - I am a for reals health educator, after alll). This is very new to me and has presented quite the challenge. Instead of mourning what I miss, I'm looking at it as an opportunity to create new recipes that I might not have tried before because I certainly like to create and experiment with food! And, I'd been feeling pretty bummy lately because it seems that every cook on earth is on the internet with a pretty little blog, so having a set group of ingredients makes me a little different from everyone else that secretly hopes to be discovered by the Food Network for their charm and relatability :-).
The good news about this diet is that I officially CAN eat many of those things that dieticians normally tell you to stay away from. Things like rice krispy treats (krypsy candy if you were my Mamaw) and Fruit Loops and Cake! And I have a certifiable reason to not eat beets and mushrooms! This really works out because those are pretty much the only 2 fruits and vegetables I already avoid.
I know I said I wasn't mourning what I'm not eating - but I have an assignment for you. This recipe was recently posted on a blog I follow and it's my all-time favorite flavor combination. You guessed it, I can't eat it right now. But, you can!! So go forth and eat. You know you want to! :-).
Peanut Butter Banana Cake with Chocolate Frosting

No comments:
Post a Comment