Friday, May 21, 2010

What Time Is It?

A-4:30.  It's not late, naw, naw.  It's just ear-lay, ear-lay, ear-ly.

If you did not get this Spindoctor's reference, then you missed out on some blissful 90s music. 

But on to the real point of this blog, which is the truth that I'm bringing watches back (yeah).  Yes, I realize that I'm not the one actually doing it and it's supposedly Michael Kors or something, but it's my blog so I'm saying I'm doing it.  The reasons are two-fold:

1.)  I'm really digging some of the watches out there these days that are somehow fun and flirty while still being menswear inspired.
and
2.)  I remembered just how practical they are.  I realize most of us don't wear watches anymore because we have computers and cell phones to tell time for us.  But recently, I was trying to protect my cell battery life while also needing to know what time it was pretty repetitively and I thought "Good grief, why am I not wearing a watch?"  Plus, it's a tad annoying to always have to push your iPhone button to know what time it is when your wrist is already in front of your face.

My mom has always cracked me up for saying that watches and jewelry are too hot to wear in the summer, as though they were wool cardigans.  Despite this motherly wisdom, I'm really stoked about wearing my new white watch with summer outfits!  Best of all - you can have this watch for yourself!  All you need is $12.99 plus tax and a Target store.


(My fist looks funny)
 

2 comments:

  1. Whoever doesn't like the Spin Doctors can just get out! They are classic.

    And for the record, I think everyone's fists look funny.

    ReplyDelete