Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dream Boots

I so love a good pair of boots.  I particularly want the ones featured on the Pioneer Woman's blog (see this link:  Dream Boots)

I looked them up on the Frye website.  They're currently $298, which is technically cheap for a Frye boot these days.  They come in a ton of colors, and are particularly gorgeous in this plum color.





I am proud to say that I am an owner of a pair of Frye boots, but I bought them back before they became so daggone cool.  (I researched on the website and they were taken over by some fancy company that re-marketed them).  Mine are regular old cowboy boots with a recycled Goodyear tire sole.  I've had them for probably 7 years or so - and I defintely wear them - and they are still in almost like-new condition.  So, you might pay a ton these days, but the investment seems to be worth it.  I purchased mine when I was presenting at a conference in Austin, TX.  I snuck out of the meeting to go to the cool stores and the Justin boot shop, seeing as I've been obsessed with cowboy boots since I was a toddler.  I fell in love with these and called my parents for permission to buy them for Christmas (at much lower than the price tag of those above).  Then, I had the store ship them to Alabama because: I had indeed snuck out of the conference to buy them and I was indeed sharing a hotel room with my boss and the appearance of a giant boot box could be tricky to explain (and difficult on the plane).

Since I am trying my best to be the picture of self-control, I will not buy these boots.  But I will imagine myself wearing them all about town. 




No comments:

Post a Comment