Here is another challenge post. I hope these aren't driving you crazy :).
Dare to be bold by Matt Cheuvront
Our arts, our occupations, our marriages, our religion, we have not chosen, but society has chosen for us. We are parlour soldiers. We shun the rugged battle of fate, where strength is born. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Next to Resistance, rational thought is the artist or entrepreneurs worst enemy. Bad things happen when we employ rational thought, because rational thought comes from the ego. Instead, we want to work from the Self, that is, from instinct and intuition, from the unconscious.
A child has no trouble believing the unbelievable, nor does the genius or the madman. Its only you and I, with our big brains and our tiny hearts, who doubt and overthink and hesitate.” - Steven Pressfield, Do the Work
The idea of “being realistic” holds all of us back. From starting a business or quitting a job to dating someone who may not be our type or moving to a new place – getting “real” often means putting your dreams on hold.
Today, let’s take a step away from rational thought and dare to be bold. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to accomplish but have been afraid to pursue? Write it down. Also write down the obstacles in your way of reaching your goal. Finally, write down a tangible plan to overcome each obstacle.
The only thing left is to, you know, actually go make it happen. What are you waiting for?
(Author: Matt Cheuvront)
Ok, here's my issue. I'm not so sure it's bad to be rational. I definitely love to dream and to encourage that childlike spark in all of us, but bringing realism and rational thought to a situation has gotten me pretty far in life. It has won me favor with friends and bosses. I don't even believe that intuition and rationality are truly different - most importantly if that intuition is really discernment from the Holy Spirit, which isn't our Self at all, and is really wisdom we should be listening to.
Laying that tangent aside, there are things I've always wanted to do and haven't been bold enough to do. But the main things are: to be in a Broadway musical, be a Rockette (or maybe Beyonce), or be good enough to play the Opry and getting inducted to the Country Music Hall of Fame. I also wanted to be an astronaut, but they're kinda shutting that program down. I'd still consider trying to be the female Johnny Carson - but then I'd just be accused of copying Ellen. I really think it's ok that I haven't done these things and that I likely never will. I do these things in my own little way each day.
What is your bold dream?
No comments:
Post a Comment