Thursday, June 2, 2011

A challenge

I just joined this pledge on a complete whim:  http://ralphwaldoemerson.me/#commit.  I found out about it through this interesting post here:  http://www.messycanvas.com/2011/06/15-minutes-to-live-challenge/.
I just found out about this person's blog, but based on the 2 entries I've read thus far, we seem to share part of a brain - or at least a part of a path of living in God-given freedom while acknowleding life can be a challenge and I don't have all the answers  yet.

This online challenge started to commemorate a re-publishing of Ralph Waldo Emerson's Self-Reliance.  I don't know if this will be kooky or if I'll always agree with it or post it here or what, but I saw it and thought it might be good for me in this season.  This season of going - "Whoa, life is crazy pants and also passing by pretty quickly, so let's figure out what's going on in here and live each day with some purpose (with a balance of rest and giggles)."  If your 20s are about finding yourself, it seems your 30s are for going - "Holy crap, I'm wearing big girl pants so why am I not always being myself and getting on with my life dreams in the day-to-day?"

Ok, we'll see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment