Thursday, January 5, 2012

Not to be Lot's wife, but...

I know, I've posted a lot of about 2011.  But I just came across the paragraph below and quite liked it and wanted to share it. 

"In a way I don’t have to wonder. 2011 was the sidewalk on Michigan avenue. Thrilling. Heartbreaking. Fast-paced. Both frantically loud and painfully beautiful. This past month has been a gift at the end of that sidewalk. After many months of breathing out, I have taken a deep breath in. I am amazed at how desperately I needed it."
Emily P. Freeman

Love the "Both frantically loud and painfully beautiful".  Wasn't it though?  Death, Life, and Rebirth?  Devastation responded to with uniting love and compassion?  Loss of hope dashed by complete gratitude?  Sounds like 2011 to me.

It's from this blog post: pretty, short version of long link here, called "How to Come Home". You know, in case you want to read it in context :).

I have just discovered this blog by one of my new favorite authors, Emily Freeman.  She wrote Grace for the Good Girl, which is now one of my faves.  More to come on that.  2011 was a year of discovering great female Christian authors through their books and then subsequently finding their blogs, which means I now have a daily overload of Christian Woman good stuff that I don't have enough time to read and that I possibly overshare. A good problem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment