Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Lesson

Be aware - if you decide one day to write publicly about dying to self, then you sure better be ready because Holy Cow Moses, is it gonna come.  I wrote yesterday's post before lunch, when I was having a rough but not that bad day.  I thought I merely didn't get enough sleep.  Fast forward to 5:00pm when I'm driving my car erratically while honking and gesturing (not the bird - promise) to the person that just tried to run me over in traffic and seriously wondering if I lost an important brain screw somewhere in the venture of the day.  Between 12pm and 5pm came fear, grief, unforgiveness, and anger.  Which meant 5:30pm to 10:00pm was praying time.

Thankfully, today has been filled with victory and an awareness that I'm loved and blessed.  A reminder that the day is a gift and that I snuff out the joy if I try to control it.  Knowing that truth will come to light without my manipulation of it - and if I try to catch someone else in a trap then I become the person that I'm angry at and need to forgive.

And, Emily Freeman stepped up again, posting something I felt was just for me (and maybe you too):
One thing not on your to-do list but should be
Where she said this:
"When you write a book about a good girl learning to let go of the try hard life, you’d better believe that yours are the hands with the whitest knuckles. This life is not stair-climbing, getting closer to the top with every glad step. It’s more like an onion, peeling back the layers of lies and regrets and misconceptions."
And then some really great stuff about resting in love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment