I came to work with ideas of things to blog about. Really. Instead, I'm blogging twice on things that weren't on my list!
I have lauded the book One Thousand Gifts ad nauseum, but it's legit. And it is legit because of God's truth, not because Ann Voskamp is pretty awesome. I'm also a big fan of the free iphone app, just in case I haven't told you.
God used the recording of gifts I'm thankful for to restore hope and joy in my heart and allow me to rise up and move on with life. So, after seeing the truth of this act in my life, how could I not jump on the 2012 Joy Dare bandwagon? It's a challenge to record 1,000 gifts/gratitudes in 2012. That breaks down to 3 a day. There's even a little guide to get you started, located here: http://www.aholyexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/onethousandgifts-januaryportrait-2.pdf
It's fun for a boy or a girl. Just like a slinky. To get more info and enter the concurrent give away, go here: The 1 Habit Your New Year Can't Do Without. This link also throws in quotes like the one below, for free!
"His Love is the only thing that changes any of us and living loved — wouldn’t this change everything?"
Why yes, it does. Fancy that.
Also, here is a link to a kind critique of the book that was a somewhat rebuttle to a not very kind critique of the book. Both are from Christianity Today. Just want to put other voices out there since I've been so gung-ho about it all. Voskamp is at times puritanical (for lack of a better word) and also at times broken and anxious - but it's also where some of the hope comes from. http://blog.christianitytoday.com/women/2011/08/one_thousand_gifts_reconsidere.html
No comments:
Post a Comment