Monday, January 16, 2012

Seasons

I've become a big fan of Emily Freeman, the author of Grace for the Good Girl.  I haven't been following her blog for long, but she's real in the way that you feel like you've already been in a women's small group or Bible study with her and she already knows your mess. 
She has had two related blog posts in the past couple of days - one on her own and one on (in)Courage.  Bits of both stood out to me, so I'm copying and pasting here, but recommend you go to the links for the full context.

From:  For When Your Future Keeps Changing
What you are doing now may not be what you’ll be doing this time next year. Those things you care so deeply for now may seem small a month from now. Might I boldly suggest that the season you are in carries hints of what you’ll be doing next? This season is a kind companion, escorting you to the next one. And then the next. We would be wise to sit back a bit and enjoy todays adventure, whatever gifts and sufferings they may hold.
Neither the accolades nor the critiques are worth anything. Don’t force something as valuable and sacred as the definition of your life to fit onto the small, flat, earthly paper of a degree or a certificate. They will come and they will go and they are important. But they do not get the final say. For in him we live and move and have our being - then, now, and forever.
What gifts have your past seasons brought you so that you can live this one more fully present and alive?

From:  For When You Can't Define Yourself
I am not all introvert quiet or all extrovert energy. I am small and big, loud and quiet, thankful. I am not just one thing, don’t fit in the corner of a box. Live in your seasons, take the breaths you need, keeps eyes wide open when you can and close them tightly when you need to. This life is a gift and the giver is God and we live full in each season as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment