Chicken and dressing is my favorite food. The end. And like most folks, my mom's is my favorite. I really do think hers is the best and that she could win a national contest. Do not tell me different or I will punch you.
Given my affinity for dressing, you can imagine my concern when I heard that nobody was bringing it to a friend's Thanksgiving dinner. So, I volunteered. This is a tad daunting. I mean, I can cook - but can I cook dressing? Good, Southern Momma dressing? And how come, despite all of my extreme Southerness, I'm exceedingly bad to average at making cornbread?
Last night, I baked a pan of biscuit and 2 pones of cornbread in preperation. I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow to make the chicken. Thankfully, someone has left behind a giant metal bowl at my house, so I have something to stir it up in.
Let's hope that the miraculous balance of seasoning to bread to egg to chicken passes itself down to me.
Oh, so delicious. I do love me some chicken and dressing. City Café's is especially tasty.
ReplyDeleteI made my first pan of cornbread dressing last night for a church thing. I hope that it's not Grodie Croyle. :)
Hahah - I want to start saying Grodie Croyle. And I'm sure it will be good!! Let me know.
ReplyDeleteNice!
ReplyDeleteIt turned out pretty good. A little dry for my taste, but everyone else seemed to like it. :)
Thanks for letting me know!
ReplyDelete