Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's Christmas Time, Pretty Baby

It is almost time to sing along to the Elvis Christmas album freely and without shame.  This is very exciting.

Have you started your Christmas shopping?  I feel like I'm getting a rather late start this year.  I haven't even had time to think about it!  Yet, 2 friends have asked me if I've started yet and asked for my advice on what to give certain people.  Guess I better catch up!

In the past, I've chosen something I think is really cool and bought it in bulk for the people closest to me.  Last year, I tried to only give gifts that were handmade by a local or relatively local artist or that were from a company I believed in. 

I haven't decided what I'll do this year, but I'm pretty sure I'll pare it down again this year and give smaller, meaningful gifts.  I may also throw in something practical or something that person would otherwise need to purchase for themself.  I know that may not seem as "fun", but these days I think people appreciate the practical a little more. 

I've already told my mom what I want for Christmas.  I want one of the hand-hammered dog tags that you can order at Heritage House.  Mathilda has long since lost the plastic one I purchased for her as a puppy.  She most likely ate it sometime in her first year of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment