I made my first batch of Red Velvet Cream Pies for today's work Thanksgiving luncheon. People went crazy over them and they blew up my facebook page. The amazing thing is that they were so easy and fun to make!!!
These turned out a little fluffier than the ones in the Tasty Kitchen picture. I also noticed that the ones that baked on parchment paper on my slightly cheaper cookie sheet were flatter than those that baked on a silpat mat on my Wilton cookie sheet - so I had to match the sandwich pieces by cookie sheet. I didn't use the marshmallow filling, but made a standard cream cheese icing for the filling instead. However, I did make sure and add some salt to the icing to balance all of this sweetness. If I had made these for my family, I would have rolled the sides in toasted pecan pieces. Yum, yum! These are so fun and I encourage you to try them yourself! I'll be making more to sell at our work Christmas bazarre and at the Christmas floral design class we're throwing to raise money for my friend G's missions trip.
Another random red side note - it is my favorite color and I love to wear it. I was reading a fashion blog about how most people don't wear red and designers have stayed away from it for years but it's starting to pop up some this winter. Then, they went into directions on how to wear the color red. I found all of this funny because I had to have a red intervention in college because it's pretty much all I wore. What can I say - I'm from Alabama. And my dad and my sister loved red and everything my family ever bought was red - cars, bicycles, blankets, you name it. Granted, we do have dark hair and I think that makes it a little easier to wear. This year, I'm super excited about my new red dress. I've had it for a while now, but still not worn it. But, that's ok, because I have big plans for this dress on World AIDS Day (December 1st) and my church's Dream Team Christmas party.
Go forth and eat yummy treats while wearing a red sweater. It will change your life for the better :).
No comments:
Post a Comment