I had been thinking I wouldn't get overwhelmed this Christmas and would have somewhat realistic expectations. I'm not doing as well at this as I'd hoped.
I was up until midnight comparing Christmas card choices and I'm to participate in a Christmas bazaar this Friday. Someone lovingly signed me up for a booth selling preserves. I do love to make these and yes, I do secretly want my own line of jam, but I have no fruit for this at the moment and that has consumed most of my thoughts today. And, I'll be up at night making stuff for this booth throughout the week.
Furthermore, I have just discovered that I'm a stocking snob. I had no clue. However, much like buying a house told me I was a snob about lighting purchases, decorating my first house for Christmas has shown me I am officially snobby about stockings. Thankfully, I spent only about 15 minutes choosing a tree skirt and I'm happy with my choice. I am not allowing myself to look at those at Target or Hobby Lobby so that it stays that way.
I am choosing to have a good attitude about missing 2 pretty spectacular Christmas parties and one cool fundraiser in order to help with the retreat for my small group. I made this committment in August, and it will significantly change people's lives for the long-term, so I don't have any regrets. And while I would love attending all 3 of the other events, I know myself well enough to know that I would attempt to make all 3 (one of which requires a costume - which I would want to be really good & spend a lot of time preparing), thereby making myself so anxious I wouldn't truly have fun.
Meanwhile, my dog may stage a revolt if she's subjected to any more Christmas pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment