I woke up for the 2nd day in my new house - my first house! It was storming in that perfect rainy morning kind of way. I was so sore that I was quite unsure that I could move - whether I wanted to or not. But, I had to get up because I had chosen to go into work today to break up my time off for moving. My dog had a little more understanding that this is where she lived now, just a little. This meant a little less barking and whining.
Thankfully, the coffee pot, coffee, and mugs, are all together and I could walk straight to them. In less than 5 minutes, I was able to have my favorite cup (my large monogrammed G mug from anthro) full of coffee and was sitting in my back porch swing watching it rain. Although, I couldn't stay there for long because fall suddenly decided to look at the calendar and show up and therefore I needed a jacket.
I was also thankful to have already washed my hair the night before, because I didn't have the wits for figuring all of that out this morning. This had also allowed me to figure out that the previous owner must have turned down the water heater, making a real shower with warm-to-hot water impossible. I would not have liked to learn that this morning.
I had set aside something to wear this morning, but it was a dress. Turns out, I would have needed a jacket with this dress. And then there is the fact that I've yet to move my shoes. My 3 footwear options this morning were: flip flops, cowboy boots, and old sneakers. So, I am wearing a bizarre outfit of black pants, a random sleeveless sweater I don't recall wearing in at least 2 years, a brand new jacket, and old tennis shoes. I just hope the Dean is understanding if I am called in his office to discuss this ensemble.
So, I'm at work and puffy-eyed, but coherent. I've even answered questions this morning. It's amazing. Now if that security system guy will just stop calling...seriously, the chipper customer service is a little more than I can take this morning...
Yay for your first house! If there's anything you need for you or your new house, let me know!
ReplyDeleteHow do you feel about painting?... :)
ReplyDeleteI feel pretty good about painting. Need some help?
ReplyDelete