Tuesday, October 5, 2010

And me...

James 1:27 (New International Version)

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
Not that I have the authority to alter scripture, but if this verse was re-written today I would have it say "to look after oprhans and widows and single young adult women named Lea in their distress..."
 
I moved my place of residence from one place to another this past week.  This required quite a large checklist of tasks to be completed, some of which I physically could not do by myself no matter how hard I tried.  I teeter-tottered on the mental edge quite a bit.  It all just seemed to be too much and I'm just little ole me.  I desperately wanted a helpmate to go through the process with.  I know that I'm not a widow and I'm not an orphan, but I was a single person that needed help and felt all alone.  Thankfully, I am abundantly blessed with people that love me and I never was really alone.  People kept humbling me by stepping up on my behalf when I could not.  Even when I wasn't being very fun to be around. 
 
No man is an island, and I proved it for sure.  I'm so very grateful for God's provision of love over my life.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment