Thursday, July 30, 2009

I really am!!!


I feel very vindicated at the moment. I just had my work wellness program check-in, where they took pretty much any information you can have about me, including height and weight.
I have long had a chip on my shoulder for people thinking I'm tall, but not as tall as I say I am. I've felt the need to doggedly prove it for years and am always asking others how tall they are and looking at the tops of their heads to compare.

I found a kindred spirit in this with a co-worker in DC. He also said he was 5'11" and that nobody ever believed him. We made several people verify that he and I were in fact the same height and we both said we were 5'11", and people still always said "Are you sure?". We felt like some of this height doubt came from the fact that we were not of the typical tall and stick-like body type, which gave us less "tall person impact" upon first sight.

Imagine my excitement this morning when I backed up against the measuring tape on the wall and the lady said "Huh, you're exactly 5'11".

No comments:

Post a Comment