
I've always thought of myself as more of a mountains person than a water person, even when I loved living at the beach, but today I'm having day dreams of being a shrimp boat captain in Bayou La Batre. I have always strangely loved a good wetland. (Yes, I'm serious. You can see my undergrad thesis for proof :).) And, Bayou La Batre is perhaps my most favorite town to say.
More than once I've considered moving to the adorable Fairhope, but moving to BLaB would take that to a whole other level. I'm fully aware that I have no clue how to captain a boat, it's probably not where my skill sets lie, and it's a really hard life. It's just the idea of nature and a slow, almost Bohemian culture is calling to me today. That and the yummy food.
Photo from: http://www.pbase.com/sjc/image/86191159
You could eat broiled shrimp, boiled shrimp, fried shrimp, grilled shrimp, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich, shrimp kabob...hmm...
ReplyDelete