Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Life and Such and Other Things

Hello blogging land.  I haven't written anything in ages because my time has jumped in a space ship and hiked it to warp speed.Who knows, maybe I'm actually in 2018 and don't realize it yet.  Hmm...if it's 2018 then maybe I should ask someone what happened with health reform (yes, a bad professor joke).

In this overwhelmed whirlwind, God has been moving.  As usual, in ways I don't see and in ways that I cannot figure out - until He chooses to reveal Himself.  I could probably write 10 blog posts and go on ad nauseum, but I'll spare you :).

Here is a Cliff Notes version of a few things:
  • That car accident that so sweetly gave me a mild concussion a year ago means I'll soon be blessed with a deluxe refrigerator.
  • That yucky depression and loneliness that decided to raise its head after being long-squelched meant I was able to empathize and compassionately pour out to God's precious daughters at LIFE Retreat.  It also means that I get to re-frame family, traditions, etc and focus on the blessings.
  • Listening to a seemingly random message from the Spirit to my heart in late September regarding a complicated relationship meant I was used to bless a grieving family in mid-December.  (And be blessed in return).
  • Cutting off your hair will freak men out.  It will even make them a little afraid of you in the workplace.  It will simultaneously garner respect from other women.  It will make you have an occasional panic attack, but also give you boldness.
  • Sometimes mix-ups happen with The Body Shop and UPS.  Sometimes this means that you get to keep the 14 gift sets originally ordered by Sandra in Hollywood, FL and this is awesome.
  • Living from a giving heart means you will be blessed in ways you couldn't imagine if you sat and tried to think them up.
  • Don't stop to use the bathroom in Hayden Corner, AL because the toilet at the gas station/plumbing supply/frozen foods/backhoe rental/restaurant is on a platform 2 feet up in the air.  And it's weird.  And gross.
Love to you all!!

Oh, and Daytona Beach is a really strange place in December.  But, it has a really pretty castle stage:

No comments:

Post a Comment