Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Recipe List

I have been keeping a list of recipes I'd like to make for the holidays.  99% of these are desserts.  I know you find that shocking ;).  Today, I thought I would share that list in case any of them are of interest to you.  I have been noting the blog source of the recipe as I've gone along, but today's review showed me I haven't been documenting that near as well as I thought...
And, yes, beer cheese bread is on here.  I've never bought a beer before.  Not that this is on my bucket list, but Publix now sells individual bottles of brewery beers, which means I can bake bread without strolling in for a 6 pack of Bud.  I've always wanted to make beer bread because it's so fun to read about.  I plan to make it for my office potluck, where there will be no controversy ;).
(Another beer story - I once had awful fruit flies in my apartment when I lived in the projects in Kennedy.  Someone out of town suggested putting out a bowl of beer as a way to get rid of them.  I thought to myself,  "I live in a dry county.  I'm not going to drive an hour to a sketch county line place to get one beer for fruit flies.")

Chocolate chip cookie dough fudge – Bake at 350


Nutella Pumpkin Cheesecake muffins – Tasty Kitchen (successfully made these and they are oh so yummy!)

Crock-pot Tiki Masala – I don’t remember where but how I must find you!

Coffee-and-Cream Drops – Tuscaloosa News

No-Knead bread – one of the baking sites

Honey oatmeal bread – Tasty Kitchen

Reese’s Pieces Rice Krispies – I have no clue

Chocolate Chip Pretzel bars – I have no clue

Beer Cheese Bread – Buns in My Oven

Thai chicken pizza – Tasty Kitchen

Peppermint Popcorn Crunch- Bake at 350

Scottish Oat Cakes – Tasty Kitchen

Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies – Buns in My Oven

No comments:

Post a Comment