I have a friend that writes the most perfect emails. They are either perfectly poignant or laugh-out-loud funny, as in you pay $10 to laugh way less than that at a movie funny.
As I read her email today, the first one since learning her momma has cancer throughout her body, I wished it wasn't so perfect. I wanted to jump in the screen and stop her from expressing herself so well - even though the point she was trying to make was that she doesn't have words right now. I wanted it to merely say "This is s*&%. I'm scared. Pray." Instead, it was lovely. I guess if she's being herself then there is no other way.
I have been fed up with people this week and was ready to write a lot of us off, but this serves as a reminder of the beauty of the Body of Christ, of the mystery of humans loving and supporting - caring and defending. Of the important stuff and the mystery. Of how I felt when my mom was suddenly gone but then not and of how people took care of me. Of how my friends and family have taken care of me in the past week when I was sick or just needing help and feeling like I fit in the "widow and orphan" category of the Bible by being a single woman in her 30s. Of how I feel so alone sometimes but I'm so blessed by the people in my life.
I have no clue what to do for my friend and her family. However, I remember how my friends seemed to move heaven and earth to make sure my mom got some Diet Grapico and what that meant to the four of us in her hospital room. If God can do that much with a 2-liter of grape drink, then I know He will show me what He has for me to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment