Last night, during a really good episode of Once Upon A Time, a friend texted to ask if I'd ever thought of cutting my hair like Mary Margaret's (the real life Snow White).
Truthfully, cutting my hair like this at least once is on my bucket list. Honestly, the main reason I haven't done it already is because men like long hair. I have always thought I'd wait to get married and then cut my hair like this because I would have already assured the commitment. Last night, I realized that sounded a little warped.
So, do I do it? If I do, then I should do it now because let's face it - my cheeks and neck are as taught as they'll ever be thanks to good 'ole gravity. Other positives include the fact that bold eyelashes and lip color are extra-in for the fall and winter - so the extra makeup I would apply to not look the L-word wouldn't stick out so much right now. Also, I could grow it out in time for a summer pony-tail. (Thankfully - my hair grows like I fertilize it).
The negatives - guys probably won't like it, I may freak out and try to glue my hair back on, I'll have to be extra feminine (but plus point - more time for fun earrings!), and I'll have to straighten it and keep my roots done. Basically, do the work to keep myself from looking GI Jane. There's also the issue that most larger women have big hair because it helps balance out the rest of our large frame.
Please feel free to weigh in! Yes, I realize that very important things are happening in the world and yet I just took the time and space to write this. :).

No comments:
Post a Comment