Saturday, March 24, 2012

Yummy Food Bars

Last week was Spring Break and I had a pretty great stay-cation.  One of my amazing adventures included a trip to TJ Maxx.  Yes, TJ Maxx.  The closest one to me is on the other side of town and in a mall that is on its very last leg and not really a place I make it to often.  I spent a wonderous amount of time there and found these:
 
While always a little skeptical of the food at the Maxx, these were calling out to me.  I got this flavor and a Choco-Peanut.  They were still fairly pricey, but I was on vacation and throwing caution to the wind.
Ok, y'all, these are seriously good.  I have been eating one for breakfast each morning and only have 1 or 2 left.  I've finished this box off, but I thought I'd check the company's website before throwing the box away.  Turns out their discount pricey-price was actually a discount.  These puppies are expensive, even on the Amazon.  But they're just so good...
This discovery leads me to one of things I've wanted to do for years - figure out how to make bars like these on my own at home.  I've always thought in the back of my mind that it could be one of my "things" I did.  I know it's possible, I just haven't done it yet.  The great thing about bars using whole foods and natural ingredients is that you can pretty much follow their ingredient list at home and make your own recipe. 
The question is, how much will it cost me and would they actually be cheaper?  And do they freeze?  I'll leave you all in suspense on how this turns out... because I know you're on the edge of your seat... :-).

If you want to check these out for yourself, go to earnesteats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment