I spent the morning reviewing videos for the Rural Response Hero awards we are giving at this year's Rural Health Conference which is focusing on Emergency Preparedness and Response. The anniversary of last year's tornados is rapidly approaching, and I'm finding it's not too hard to make me cry about it, so we'll see how this month goes. There are definitely hopeful signs of change. Yesterday, I decided to go inside the Taco Casa on 15th St instead of waiting in their atrociuous drive-thru line. I opened the door and thought "Huh, they've remodeled or painted or something." It honestly took me a couple of mintues to go "Oh, or they rebuilt the place after it was blown away."
After reviewing the videos, I opened my google reader to find that Opry Mills is re-opening in Nashville today, two years after the Nashville floods. Seeing one of my old home-towns recover from natural disaster gives me even more hope for my new home-town. And if they're not gonna rebuild Opryland then please give me Opry Mills :). I know this isn't exciting for most of you, but here's a list of their new stores: http://blogs.tennessean.com/shopping/2012/03/29/opry-mills-store-list/
No worries, Bass Pro Shop and Rainforest Cafe are still on the list ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment