Friday, October 29, 2010

My Word!

Last night's LIFE group was all about God's word.  The ladies started discussing how the Bible tells us to put God's Word on our wrists and our forehead and on our doorposts, etc., etc., etc.  The Jewish people were really awesome at this and integrated it most everywhere.  We were wondering what that looks like for us these days.  There are lots of artsy and talented ladies in our group that have beautiful ways of integrating scripture into daily life.  Evidently, my approach is to use my scripture desk calendar and proudly display the beautiful things that the other ladies make :). 

After the discussion, I decided to wear my locket today.  I really love lockets and my mom gave me one for Christmas a few years back.  I couldn't figure out how to open the sides to put in pictures, so instead I typed up a scripture in tiny font, printed it out, and closed it in a la fortune cookie style.  I went with Proverbs 3:5, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

On another note - I'm making a peacock costume tonight.  We'll see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment