I just went to Summer Snow for the very first time ever. Yes, it took me that long. No, I have no good excuse. I went with Strawberry Daquiri and I learned that you really should get the medium because the small is just not enough :-). I finally get how it's far superior to a snow cone. I feel like I deserve my official Tuscaloosa native card now.
I didn't have any cash and was out of checks, so I took my change cup and stood in line. Even though I was standing there in my work clothes, I felt like a Southern kid in the summer. I haven't felt that way in ages. The combination of those factors: extreme heat, kids, spare change, standing in line, and waiting on a treat brought it all back. I felt like it was 25 years ago and I was walking to Harco drugs with my Mamaw. All I needed was a sprinkler to run through (or a washtub to sit in since sprinklers are too fancy for country folks). My recent summers have been spent freezing while I sit at my desk in my overly air-conditioned office. Maybe some secret Summer Snow breaks can change that.

Summer snow breaks can definitely break through the monotony! Let me know when you go again, because I am on board!
ReplyDeleteWoo-hoo!
ReplyDelete