As I have mentioned before, my favorite makeup indulgence is mascara. So, I thought I'd give an update on the past 4 I've tried. (I know - I'm sure you've been waiting your whole lives for this -maybe).
So, I bought this, and I fell in love:
This is Bad gal lash by Benefit. I really liked it. Then, I used it all up. I decided to try to be economical and control myself, so I thought I'd try this:
It was much more affordable, still full and black, and it did quite a nice job. But, by the 2nd week I noticed it was starting to clump and that it was leaving black flakes under my eyes. And, if my eyes watered I looked uber goth. So, I decided to just spend the money and go back to the Bad gal. But...when I went in Ulta...there was this super sweet guy that was signing people up for free Urban Decay makeovers and he urged me to try their Big Fatty. He promised that it had the same brush as the Bad gal and that it was super emollient and so it would give me the look and moisturize at the same time. So, I bought this:
This mascara is not bad, but it is no Bad gal. This made me very sad. I will say that the hemp oil makes it moisturize your lashes and makes it easy to take off. Also - never once did it clump. But, it never gave me the eye drama it promised. So, there I was, frustrated. Then, I saw a commercial for the new Rimmel Max Volume Flash. My mom had just gotten a lovely Rimmel lipstick, and I like the idea of buying something British. Also, it was on sale and still significantly cheaper than the Bad gal. I bought it:
This is my new favorite! The brush looks strange at first, but it makes your lashes big and dramatic with very little effort! And, it stays that way through the day, unlike others that look amazing when you put it on and fall flat 5 minutes later. It doesn't flake (on me anyway) and it doesn't run.
As of today, here are my top 3 mascaras: The Rimmel above, Bad gal by Benefit, and Plush Lash by MAC.
The Bad gal pic is from the Benefit website. The other pictures are by my iPhone - just in case you couldn't tell ;).




No comments:
Post a Comment