Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shells

Last week, I had a fun work excursion to Florida.  After fulfilling our work responsibilites, we ventured to Amelia Island.  We chose to take the longer, prettier drive instead of the interstate.  We drove through several gorgeous state parks.  They really should film movies down there, if they don't already.  It's full of the Spanish Moss you see in New Orleans or Savannah, just in greater undisturbed plentitude. 
While waiting for our food at a local hole-in-the-wall kind of seafood place, 2 of us ran out to the freezing beach to pick up some shells, which there were tons of!  My coworker and I remarked at how we feel the need to apologize to God when picking up shells, because it's not like he made an ugly shell, some are just a little neater than others and make us want to pick them up.
Hunting for shells reminded me of how I would spend hours at my grandparents house, shifting through all of the rocks in their driveway, picking out the prettiest and hoping to find a fossil.  Everytime, I'd return to Tennessee with a ziploc bag full of Alabama driveway rocks. 

Here are pictures of my shell finds.  Sorry for the low quality iphone pics :).

No comments:

Post a Comment