Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Doppelganger

Ok, Doppelganger week on facebook has made me a little uncomfortable.  Sometimes, it is interesting and funny - particularly the guy profiles -with such people as Zach Braff, Christian Slater, and Bob Saget.  I've seen a couple of funny or true ones on the girls end too, but the female profile pics tend to be the ones that make me uncomfortable.  Honestly, I think it's just kind of wrong to set a woman up to say which famous person she most looks like.  Women just have too many insecurities for that and it's asking us to flaunt those on the internet and open them up to public scrutiny.  And, unless you really are a supermodel or truly do have a twin out there famous for something not supermodel-related, you have to go with something funny.  Some women have pulled this off.  Others have made me go "Aww...honey.  That was brave."
So, here I will post the personal doppelganger photo that I'm comfortable with.  Because it makes me laugh.  And, I do mean her, even if my hair is more like his.

Two funny side notes: 
While I was writing this, a colleague that always tells me I look like Charlie Sheen's fiance on Two and a Half Men came by to tell me that again.  Yes, that makes me uncomfortable. 
I love that iphones have auto text for Doppelganger and that it places the little symbol over the a.  What a fun word it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment