Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's Fat Tuesday

I had previously never been to Mardi Gras, and that was fine with me.  I'd heard it wasn't really as debaucherous as it's famed to be - but it still seemed like mass chaos that I could do without.  Then, I was offered a free ride on a bus with free food to dayitme parades with locals that knew where they were going - and I'm rarely one to turn down an adventure.  I'm so glad I didn't, because it was So Much Fun!!

The only "debauchery" I was privy too was some fake squeezy boobs - so I think I'll be ok.  I'm exposed to much more on The Quad for a football game than I was in New Orleans.  And I promise I shared some of my loot with the kids beside me.  (So I wasn't really the tall lady that snatched everything over their heads before they could reach it - promise!)  My favorite catch was a light saber.  I busted my lip a bit catching it, but it was totally worth it!  And, how can I forget my giant pink sunglasses?! Maybe those were really my favorite...

The best part was the hilarious people and the hospitality from new friends and their family members.  I already knew I liked these people, but when they started a massive dance-off with the people across the street - I knew they'd be sealed in my heart forever. 

Unfortunately, my pesky little habit of fainting in public when standing did become a bit of an issue - but like I was going to let that stop me!  However, next time I will be bringing my own chair and a case of Gatorade.



No comments:

Post a Comment