Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Motto for 2010

Ok, so I tried coming up with a motto for 2010.  I wasn't very successful - mostly because none of the things I wanted to express rhymed with "ten".  HH said it best with - No dating my kin in 2010! 

I thought - No more sad 2010, Sad free 2010 - and most importantly - Momma ain't puttin' up with no mess (literally and figuratively) 2010. 

Regardless of the lack of rhyme, I'm feeling pretty good about this year's fresh start and all the possiblities that I'm not even aware of yet. I'm thinking this will be my scripture theme for the year:

Psalm 4: 7-8 (NIV)
You have filled my heart with greater joy
than when their grain and new wine abound.
I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.

The Message:
Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say.
"More, more."
I have God's more-than-enough,
More joy in one ordinary day
Than they get in all their shopping sprees.
At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep,
For you, God, have put my life back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment