Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's all relative

I'm attaching a link to a blog I follow called Nashville Shopping.  It's not quite as superficial as it sounds, promise.  Ok, maybe it is, but it's a fun lunch break outlet.  I wanted to share today's post, titled "Shame on Vogue."  It includes a link to an article by Vogue about a model that is 5'10" and a size 4, and therefore the fatty of the modeling world.  The blogger is asking for feedback.  I'm not planning to respond, but as a woman that is 5'11" and thrilled that Weight Watchers helped me get in a size 12 - clearly I have thoughts.  But, instead of getting on my "I Am Woman" soap box today, I am more reminded that chasing the world can be a bad idea and can bring you sadness - like the alcoholism that this model developed because she couldn't get skinnier than a 4 no matter what she tried.  And I'm reminded that all of our perspectives are skewed one way or another, so be you and love how God created you.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/shopping/

No comments:

Post a Comment