I love making jam! There’s just so many reasons why! I find it fun and strangely relaxing. It makes you feel like you are a part of something that has been going on for hundreds of years, which in this day and age is really comforting. There is beauty in standing at a stove and creating something for loved ones the exact same way that your great-grandmother did. And, I get so excited to give it away to people and know that I can give them a little treat that can be part of their day for as long as the jar lasts. It just makes me happy. I even love the jars and the colors. I think jam itself is pretty, especially when it’s from fresh and locally grown fruit. Ok, I'll stop waxing poetic on jam now.
One reason why I find it so fun is because it is a science experiment with really yummy results! Boiling and timing and setting and pouring into jars with a method. That’s the former lab rat in me. I can’t help it.
Here are this year’s first results using some Chilton County peaches:
Before

And After

No comments:
Post a Comment