I'm on a Spring Break Staycation. And, it has been pretty great so far. But here's the deal, I don't think staycations are so good for some us (aka -me). Being at home or in town while on vacation makes me think of all of the other things I "should" be doing while I'm just watching television, or sleeping late, etc. Were I actually at the beach with thoughts of doing something work or chore related, I could go "Oh, pish-posh" and move right along with my day.
Add to this the guilt I have for not being a type A personality, and it's a bit sad. So, I have tried to balance this out with the realization that I am the only one that has any real expectations of myself for today. I'm the one that made the grand Spring Break to-do-list and I'm the only one that will know what is left undone.
Perhaps wrongfully, I am claiming the new roof on my apartment building as something I've accomplished this week. Granted, I've had nothing to do with it, but the need for a new roof has worried me for years and I know this will stop the ceiling leak I've been so concerned about - so I feel like it something to check off my list :).
I love that you said "Oh, pish-posh," because seriously no one says that anymore. I think we should bring more gentile language back into circulation. Maybe that will get Brad off of our backs for saying "totes" all of the time. :)
ReplyDeleteI also say "good-giggly-goo" and "Oh fiddle" quite a bit, but I'm not sure how gentile that is. We should also say "brilliant" and "captiol" more often.
ReplyDelete