
Every woman has a favorite cosmetic item that she collects or prefers to seek the best of like it’s a holy grail. For me, it’s mascara (well, aside from lip balm and lip gloss). I rarely buy the same kind twice and gave up on most brands long ago. Even when I find one I like, I seem to keep searching. They all sound so enticing. I recently sprung on some eye brightening Cover Girl mascara, knowing I’d be disappointed, but it was on sale and I had a coupon – so it was low risk.
The mascara most often recommended to me is Lash Injection by Too Faced. I had never tried it. Partially because the women recommending it always had on about 20 coats of it and I was afraid. Also, because it supposedly forms little tubes around each lash that are really weird looking when you take the mascara off. Then, there’s the matter that Too Faced has just never really called out to me like the other brands.
Today, I made a brief cheap visit to Ulta during my lunch hour, wherein I shunned several new “innovative” mascaras. I had I would wait and not make my next mascara purchase on a whim. Then, near the checkout, I saw a mini version of the Too Faced mascara for half the price. So, I decided to cave and try it. I applied it immediately, and found that it takes more time and application than usual, but it really does work, and plushly covers each lash to the tip. So much so that my left eye looked like I was celebrating Halloween early until I fixed it. I don’t know that I applied quite enough to make the “tubes” form or to make myself look like the ladies at the store, but it works. It even still looks decent after the sunglasses/glasses test.
I don’t know if it is better than Lorac’s Multidimensional mascara or any of the MAC line (particularly like plush lash – and it’s $7 cheaper than most high-end stuff), but it does work better than most mascaras. Next on my list: Benefit’s Bad Gal Lash.
Little side note – never ever try Too Faced Lip Injection. You may go to the hospital. Seriously. I saw Meredith Viera have a reaction to it once on The View, but I tried it anyway one time when I got a free sample from Sephora. I have never put anything on my face or skin that hurt that bad. I had to wash it off immediately. I’ve heard other reports of people having serious reactions to it. A few months ago, I was in Ulta and thought I’d put some on my hand, just to see, and sure enough – it burned my hand. Yeah, the stuff works. It’ll make your lips bigger – but it’s because they are on fire.
The mascara most often recommended to me is Lash Injection by Too Faced. I had never tried it. Partially because the women recommending it always had on about 20 coats of it and I was afraid. Also, because it supposedly forms little tubes around each lash that are really weird looking when you take the mascara off. Then, there’s the matter that Too Faced has just never really called out to me like the other brands.
Today, I made a brief cheap visit to Ulta during my lunch hour, wherein I shunned several new “innovative” mascaras. I had I would wait and not make my next mascara purchase on a whim. Then, near the checkout, I saw a mini version of the Too Faced mascara for half the price. So, I decided to cave and try it. I applied it immediately, and found that it takes more time and application than usual, but it really does work, and plushly covers each lash to the tip. So much so that my left eye looked like I was celebrating Halloween early until I fixed it. I don’t know that I applied quite enough to make the “tubes” form or to make myself look like the ladies at the store, but it works. It even still looks decent after the sunglasses/glasses test.
I don’t know if it is better than Lorac’s Multidimensional mascara or any of the MAC line (particularly like plush lash – and it’s $7 cheaper than most high-end stuff), but it does work better than most mascaras. Next on my list: Benefit’s Bad Gal Lash.
Little side note – never ever try Too Faced Lip Injection. You may go to the hospital. Seriously. I saw Meredith Viera have a reaction to it once on The View, but I tried it anyway one time when I got a free sample from Sephora. I have never put anything on my face or skin that hurt that bad. I had to wash it off immediately. I’ve heard other reports of people having serious reactions to it. A few months ago, I was in Ulta and thought I’d put some on my hand, just to see, and sure enough – it burned my hand. Yeah, the stuff works. It’ll make your lips bigger – but it’s because they are on fire.
Image source:
I'll have to try that! That's so funny about it burning your lips off until they're bigger! I can't believe they haven't gotten sued yet.
ReplyDelete