Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sometimes I Wonder...

Sometimes I wonder about what I must look like when I walk my dog. It's usually in these moments when I realize perhaps I shouldn't wear my random-around-the-house get ups when going outdoors. For example, I just walked her wearing some hideous yet gloriously comfortable Alabama Croc flip-flops, pajama pants with honeybees all over them, a gray t-shirt, a new black and cream scarf I just purchased at Target (yes, with the tag and hanger still on), and the dangly wooden earrings and chunky gold ring I had yet to take off from work. Yep. Sounds like I'm jumping straight to the front of the line for eccentric cat lady.
How much liberty do I get merely by being a professor? Does my title make it more socially acceptable to roam around the parking lot and side-walk like this? Does the dog and leash give me more grace with people passing by? Or does the extreme looking smoking man that is always in front of the shop next door make me mild in comparison?
I think surely everyone must look like this around the house, it's just that more people around here have fenced-in yards to release their dogs to so we never see them. Or, maybe I'm just weird and seriously need to rethink what I wear when I walk to the dumpster.
This is why I love great coats in the winter. It never matters when you just throw it over your pajamas. You still look fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment