Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Be Careful Little Ears What You Hear

This weekend, some friends were poking fun at one of my newly revealed habits. Despite having always been an energy saver, I leave the radio or tv on for my dog when I leave so she doesn’t get lonely. (She also gets pleasant and soothing worship music when we go to sleep at night.) I made the comment that I most often leave the tv on the Food Network because then I know there is nothing bad or ugly coming on the tv while I’m not there. Mostly, I don’t want anything I wouldn’t choose to watch being on the tv in my house. They were seemingly caught off guard by my concern over what Mathilda was exposed to.
I often want to leave it on the Today Show for her, but I don’t trust what will come on after the 4th hour. Will it be a Soap Opera? She doesn’t need to see that smut. Particularly since the recent commercials indicate that a witch has locked the General Hospital folks up in some creepy amusement park. Will it be custody battle on Maury? Like a dog with sensitive ears wants to hear all that yelling, learn those words, or be reminded that we have no clue who her real daddy is. So, instead, I have opted that she get a butter addiction and sweet tooth by watching too much Paula. And who knows, perhaps Giada will teach her some lovely facts about Italy. I have no fear of what she and my home are exposed to while I’m gone if it’s on Channel 68. Kelly noted that she might also safely enjoy the Travel Channel or the Weather Channel, although it can get a tad repetitive.
Despite all of these efforts, I did make a major faux-paux (sp?) last night. I thought it safe to leave it on the USA NCIS marathon, but when I came back from the movies, it had already switched over to Monday Night Wrestling. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

(Please note that this entry is written with a wink and a smile).

2 comments:

  1. And you make a good point about what might come on after the Today Show, but it can't be worse than the fourth hour of Today, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. True dat. Today it featured Kathy Griffin.

    ReplyDelete