I have recently been in a place of reconnecting with God in a relational way. Neither one of us had gone anywhere, I just wasn't tuning in so well. As is His nature, He urged me to read Psalm 1 last night, because there just might be something waiting there for me. I looked, and there was no Bible conveniently beside my bed - because they were all by my computer from when I was doing a study in January (which says a lot). Except for my car Bible, of course. It was where it belongs - in the car.So, I got out of my bed and found my Message Bible. And, as I should expect from Him now, Psalm 1 did have something new for me.
This translation says the following in verse 3:
"You're a tree replanted in Eden, bearing fresh fruit every month,
Never dropping a leaf, always in blossom."
To me, that sounds like the perfect explanation of life and beauty. It felt like fresh water. It's God saying, "Don't worry about this mess - I'm going to replant you in the most perfect place possible that only I know about, and you're going to be productive and happy there, and be full of things to bless others with because you won't be empty."
Thank you.
picture from Country Living
No comments:
Post a Comment