Thursday, January 31, 2013

Shield of Faith

So I didn't write forever, then wrote a lot, then stopped.  I've had lots of blessed revelation lately, just not the time to write it down.  Though, I feel kinda like I write this stuff out to nowhere except to April (hi April!). 

Something just reminded me of this quick thought so I'm going to go ahead and get it out there before I grade up some papers. 

I've always been a tad perplexed by the shield of faith in the whole armor of God thing.  The images I've been given are of fiery darts bouncing off and of linking your shield with your good Christian neighbor to form a barrier and march together.  But when not marching, I pretty much visualized it as something I put over my head while I'm hunched down in a ball and fiery darts and asteroid pieces are falling on my head. But most always, it was something I saw myself holding while being still or at least somewhat under control.

Lately, I've been understanding it's more of something I hold out in front of me as I go running, screaming into the unknown.  It's stopped being so Roman and proper and become way more Braveheart.  More "Holy Cow this is scary but ok God, here I go."  Because that's what faith is, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment