I made a very exciting discovery in the grocery store yesterday, and I will label it as "new favorite thing 1". It is called go picnic. These are ready-to-eat meals in a box. Think healthy lunchables that don't need refrigeration and you've got it. They were on sale at the Target and I picked up 4 different kinds. They seem kind of small, but they are so loaded with fiber and protein that so far I've stayed full. They are also free from trans fats, high fructose corn syrup, and MSG. It also comes with a sudoku puzzle, but like I know what to do with that.
Yesterday, my box included: turkey pepperoni, asiago cheese spread, multi-seed crackers, dried cranberries and pineapples, and an almond roca (hello, toffee). Today's included: hummus (in a super cute little squeezy pouch), multi-seed crackers, fruit & nut mix, dry roasted edamame, and a dark chocolate square.
Mine are on sale for $3.51 a piece. While possibly pricey, way cheaper and healthier than anything I would pick up for lunch. It's close in price to a frozen meal but it's way more fun, and I actually know what's in it. They have come a long way, but frozen meals still creep me out a bit with their extensive & complex ingredient list that you need a chemistry degree to understand. On the gopicnic.com site, they are listed for $4.99 a piece and that might be pushing it a bit for me, but I would still buy them for travel.
I am not paid by go picnic in any way. I'm just super excited about them. They are the closest thing to the Starbucks Snack boxes I've seen. I have not written about the Starbucks Snack Box conspiracy and how they are not available in Tuscaloosa stores, but this exists ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment