Monday, February 27, 2012

Are There Any Turtle Shells Available for Rent?

I'm officially in the season of super-duper busy.  I'll probably be here for a while, with a brief reprieve during Spring Break (thank God in the heavens!).  I don't say this to sound like a whiny martyr.  I say it because I'd had a lot of things falling through the cracks, especially people related things, and I'm in a place of needing extra grace.  All around.  And quite possibly in need of a person that can just follow me around and tell me what to do next.  And maybe a turtle shell for curling up in a ball and hiding?

I feel like there's tons to blog about these days, but no time to do it well and in a way worthwhile to others.
A couple of things I will share:
  • There seems to be extra awareness of Lent this year and I continued to run across blogs and devotionals about it.  What I was convicted of most for Lent?  To pray for my enemies.  Holy, Moly - we'll see how this continues to go.
  • It is important that women be real in the work place.  I had almost cried twice already today but had not followed through with it.  Then, a coworker came to me to discuss something and revealed she had already shut her door and had a good cry this morning and then another coworker offered her a more private place for further crying.  This made me feel way more sane and told me that if I did finally cry by the time the day was out - it would mean I'm normal and not crazy, and that's a mighty big gift.
Despite the whining, I'm thanking God.  Really, I am.  I know it's another day in the life that is taking me to His promises.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment