Monday, February 20, 2012

All Y'all

At some point in my life that I can't pinpoint at the moment, a Northerner asked me when it was most appropriate to use the term "y'all" versus "all y'all".  (Perhaps I have posted about this before because my computer remembered this title, but again - I don't know when that was.)  I felt this person had a respect for Southern language and was pretty smart to think to ask this question, which I had never been asked before.  I just had need of "all y'all", so I thought I'd share.

The convo went a little like this:

Friend S: "I love your super duper cool friend that just came to visit."

Me:  "She loved all of y'all!"

Meaning - she collectively loved each of the wacky Southern folks she met while visiting.  Yes, I added an "of" when I texted back.  No biggie.

Here is some of the y'all:

No comments:

Post a Comment