In the past 2 weeks, two different important ladies have had me sit and listen to the song "Blessings" by Laura Story. I figured that meant I oughta download it.
At first, it was easy for me to mistake this song for standard Christian radio play. But, I trusted God sending 2 witnesses to say there was something in this song for me.
I looked Laura up on the internet. Turns out this song was written after nursing her young husband through a very grave brain tumor. Oh. Yeah. Probably something to learn here.
Here's a bit of what she has to say about it:
“Life is filled with things you don’t expect, but the Bible tells us to respond by trusting God and continuing to worship him,” Story begins. “Martin hasn’t received complete healing—and that can be hard at times when we view God as all-powerful and all-loving. But here we are now saying, ‘Yes, this is how faith works.’ God has proven to be faithful. We have been truly blessed out of a circumstance that at first didn’t seem like much of a blessing at all.”
Among the positives, Laura sees the timing of their new international travel opportunities as no coincidence. Singing and teaching in churches across the United States, Western Europe, and South America, she believes “we have a voice that wasn’t there prior to this suffering. I can hardly begin to tell you of the hundreds of hurting people we’ve prayed with, people going through more than we have. This is a chance to share the gospel.”
And here she is talking about it some more:
No comments:
Post a Comment