Friday, July 22, 2011

Stop....Canning Time

I'm aware that I say the same things every time I talk about making preserves.  And I'm going to say it all again.  Aside from the fun science experiment/chemistry lab of it all, my favorite thing about making preserves is the colors - the glorious colors! 

Here are your standard iphone pictures of these colors. Because that's what I bring. And, I beg to ask the question - how do fancy food bloggers take such glamorous pictures of their food while they're making it? The pictures all seem to come off a fake food movie set. I don't believe they are really making the food while taking pictures unless I can see some proof of the mess, or at least a trace of the tools necessary to make whatever the picture is of. The end :).





 I mean, just look at this gorgeous red!

 And this yellowy peach!



4 comments:

  1. I am going to need you to teach me how to do this! :) I've always wanted to can stuff, I just have no clue how to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy and fun! I haven't made pickles or salsa or anything like that - but I've watched my mom do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...Our jar is almost gone! Strawberry Fig is awesome! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made more! And I deliver ;).

    ReplyDelete