Monday, July 11, 2011

Non-Hunch Punch

I was one of team of awesome hostesses for a dear friend's baby shower this weekend.  We realized we needed some punch and I decided to give it a try.  I found a couple of recipes, but decided to experiment.  I have some serious love for strawberry lemonade, cherry limeade, etc., so I decided to try a version I had a wedding last year.  I sliced a carton of fresh strawberries and let it soak in frozen lemonade overnight (with some of the water added).  Then, I sliced lemons and limes and put them in a cupcake pan, ran water over them, and made lemon/lime ice cubes.
At the shower, I took the mix and added a liter of Sprite and the floating ice cubes.  Thankfully, my experiment worked out!  We all liked it.  It was super easy and fresh, and wasn't old school 80s punch that you only drink because it's your only option and you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment