I have recently been challenged with several situations that have made me stand up and be more of a grown up. (I guess these things happen when you turn 32). The most grown up thing of all has been negotiating a contract for a house (Yikes Bikes!). Yes, I said a house. Each day of this process has brought me into an adult frame of mind in different ways, including:
- standing up for myself
- admitting I don't know everything and being really humble yet insecure about that
- deciding to make an investment in my future
- asking myself what I really want
- acting on vision and dreams
- defining my priorities
- not settling
- deciding what I'm ok with when it comes to spending my own money
- realizing that I'm good enough to get something that is already pretty and nice instead of something I need to "save" or "rescue"
- using my voice for myself
- letting the world know I'm here
- saying "daggonit - my dog needs a yard and I'm gonna get her one!"
- and letting the world know that yes I'm single and don't have any kids and I'm buying a place for me to live in instead of continuing to see how the marriage and kids thing works out (just because it's 2010 doesn't mean that some folks at the bank quit asking these questions)
This process is evolving daily - but I'll keep you posted.
Image from: Nonnie's Dollhouses

You should add "being the most awesome person Brittni knows" to your list.
ReplyDeleteAww, yay!! What a wonderful thing to hear :)
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm really proud of you! I know it's scary, trust me, but how amazing that He has truly been there to guide you through the whole process! I cannot wait to see it!
ReplyDelete